Service Resumes – Important information below
The Leadership Team continues to monitor the situation with COVID and at this time we are going to continue with in-person services running from 10:30 am – 11:15 am.
We also realize some of you are not yet ready to return to in-person meetings. Knowing we have those that want to join us in-person and those that cannot, we will continue to provide the best experience we can for everyone.
As you might imagine we do expect things are a little different yet as we continue to take precautions as COVID is still a reality for us. Below you will find more info about what we continue to do differently.
Here are some things we ARE doing different:
- We encourage you to pre-screen yourself at home according to the CDC health checklist, including taking your temperature, before you arrive at church. If you are running a fever, we ask that you stay home.
- We encourage those that are “high risk” to not attend in person but stay home and watch online. We will miss you, but also love you and want you to be safe. If you don’t see an e-mail about how to connect online by the Saturday before the service please contact Jeremy.
- We encourage you to bring a mask from home to wear, this is something you can do for the protection and comfort of others. We will be doing our best to have some on hand if you need one. We realize that some cannot wear masks due to physical limitations and that is okay.
- We will have seating spaced apart to maintain appropriate physical distancing guidelines. Those who have been in close proximity to one another (e.g. families/roommates) are encouraged to sit together during the service in order to free up seating for others.
- We will ask that you use the main doors to enter and exit the church, in particular DO NOT come through the kitchen. Also, please maintain the appropriate physical distancing as you enter/exit the building. We will prop open as many doors as possible to limit the touch points you have to come in contact with. This includes the doors to the sanctuary and bathrooms, we know this is different than normal, so please don’t close them.
- We will provide a spot to drop your tithes/offerings in the back but will not pass an offering plate. We will also continue to offer the ability to give online and if you have questions about that contact Jeremy and he will gladly help you get that setup.
- We will have a shorter service, around 45 minutes, to start.
Here are somethings that we ARE NOT doing:
- We WILL NOT have children’s classes or nursery as we start back and will keep the back-classroom area off limits
- We WILL NOT have snacks as we start back. We will not offer coffee initially either and the drinking fountain is unplugged. So, please bring your own water/coffee. Preferably, in a container that is spill proof as the carpets were cleaned early in May.
- We WILL NOT provide listening guides, pens or paper
This is the plan for now and of course as things continue to improve, we will make changes and bring back more things. Of course, if things do get worse, we might make changes in the other direction and we will keep you all posted.
The CornerStone Leadership Team